Reverb Publishing and Phoenix Online Studios’ upcoming mystery thriller Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller has earned its spot in the Top 75 games on Steam Greenlight, and now the game’s publisher is issuing a call to arms to fans of the adventure genre with a new contest. If Cognition breaks the top 10 by October 15 and becomes an approved title on Steam’s distribution service, Reverb Publishing will give away full season passes to 500 of the game’s lucky followers. In order to enter the contest, you simply must “Like” the game on Facebook and vote for it through Greenlight. However, the giveaway hinges on the whether or not the game gets approved,
“If Cognition gets approved on October 15, we can’t think of a better way to say ‘thank you’ to our loyal fans than by hosting this give away,” said Doug Kennedy, CEO of Reverb Publishing. “We think the game is really special, and a perfect fit for Steam’s platform.”
From Phoenix Online Studios, the acclaimed developer behind The Silver Lining, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller is an engrossing narrative with a truly evocative atmosphere. This chilling point-and-click adventure is a thought-provoking mystery following Erica Reed, a Boston-based FBI agent, haunted by the unsolved case of a serial killer who took her brother’s life. With the use of her post-cognition abilities – seeing an object’s past with a touch – players are challenged to unravel a complex tableau of characters, plots and puzzles over four episodes.
Key features include:
• Engrossing, episodic narrative – As an engaging and narrative-driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over multiple episodes of thrilling mystery.
• Fully-realized characters – A very talented cast of voice actors helps round out diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic.
• Your choices matter – Branching puzzles have several different ways to be completed and solved, offering unique paths for the player to take as they solve the mystery.
• Mind-bending challenges – This game is easy to pick up and play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy.
• Stunning art – The breath-taking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly.
• All-star dev team – Developed by a true indie “dream team”, the lineup includes comic artist Romano Molenaar (Batman, Witchblade, Tomb Raider, X-Men) as Art Director and renowned adventure game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter, and the upcoming Moebius) lending her expertise as Story Consultant.
Launched on August 30, Steam Greenlight creates a democracy of the PC gaming community by allowing users of the popular PC gaming platform to review and vote for the games they are most interested in playing. Steam accepted its first 10 games through the voting process on September 11 and has announced it will accept the next group of games on October 15. For Cognition to be selected in the next group of approved games, it must land in the top 10 on that date.
To a view a trailer, stills and concept art, visit the Cognition site here. Review and vote for Cognition on Steam Greenlight here.
For more information on Reverb Publishing and its line-up of titles, please visit us at www.reverbpublishing.com, follow us on Twitter or ‘Like’ us on Facebook.