REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. – JANUARY 21, 2013– Trion Worlds, the leading publisher and developer of premium games for the connected era, announced today that the anticipated online openworld shooter, Defiance™, is now available for pre-order in North America. Players who pre-order Defiancefor PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system,the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, orWindows PC will receive a variety of special bonuses that includeelite in-game items and a guaranteed invite to the coveted beta.
Gamers can choose from multiple game bundles, digital and physical, starting at £44.99 (£34.99 on PC): Standard, Collectors, and a very limited number of Ultimate editions. Each package allows players to delve deeper, and more quickly, into the persistent futuristic universe where the survival of Earth relies on your skills as an ark hunter leveling up in massive co-op battles and fierce multiplayer combat.
Defiance is scheduled for release in April 2013, and can be pre-ordered online and at major games retailers in North America.Information about the European pre-order will be available shortly.
Defiance Pre-Order (£44.99 console, £34.99 PC) Bonuses Include:
- Outlander outfit helps you blend in with the locals
- Iron Demon title lets potential enemies know you are not to be messed with
- Retailer Exclusive pre-order weapon that gives you a leg up out of the gate
- 3-Day XP boost helps establish you on the battlefield
- Beta Invitation – get in the game early!
DefianceDigital DeluxeEdition(£64.99 console, £54.99 PC) Includes:
- Rare VBI Sentinel Shield helps you never let your guard down
- In-game title: Badlands Drifter
- Ark Infiltrator outfit – look good while crackin’ skulls
- Hydra heavy weapon helps you bring the boom early
- +5 Increased inventory space – don’t leave home without it
- 30-Day scrip boost – more everything!
- 30-Day XP boost – level up faster!
- Lock Box – sweet random rewards!
DefianceCollector’s Edition (£64.99 console, £54.99 PC), available only at GAME,includes the Digital Deluxe items and adds the following:
- Unique Defiance Collectors Box
- CD soundtrack – from legendary composer Bear McCreary
- Exclusive Art of Defiance book – unique stills and never-before-seen renders
- Exclusive Hellbug statue
- An official Von Bach Industries contract
- Defiance Post Cardsand stickers
- Bonus “Making of Defiance” DVD
- 7-Day scrip boost
- 7-Day XP boost
DefianceUltimate Edition (£89.99 console, £79.99 PC), available only at Amazon, adds the following to the Collector’s Edition:
- Exclusive Defiance Messenger Bag
- Exclusive in-game title: Pale Wars Ronin
- One Year Season Pass (All DLC) for Xbox 360, Windows PC, and PlayStation®3 1200 Bits
View a complete breakdown of all of the Defianceplatform editions here: http://defiance.com/en
*Xbox 360, Windows PC and PlayStation®3 system versions do not have a separate monthly subscription.
In Defiance, players embark on a journey into a futuristic online open world shooter where the survival of Earth relies on their skills as an Ark Hunter, as they level up in massive co-op battles and fierce multiplayer combat. Players can also hunt alone while improving skills and unlocking powerful modern and alien weaponry that is essential for survival in the constantly evolving online world. Defiance invites gamers to explore vast landscapes on a variety of vehicles whileleading the charge in huge co-op battles. Immerse yourself in the world of Defiance as the game impacts, and is impacted by, the Defiance TV series.
About Trion Worlds
Trion Worlds is the leading publisher and developer of premium games for the connected era. Powered by a breakthrough development and publishing platform, Trion is revolutionizing the way games are developed, played and sold. Trion’s world-class team delivers high-quality, dynamic and massively social games operated as live services across the biggest game genres and devices; including the critically acclaimed blockbuster, Rift® and the highly-anticipated End of Nations®, Warface, and Defiance™. Trion is headquartered in Redwood City, Calif., with offices in San Diego, Calif., Austin, Texas, and at Trion Worlds Europe in London, UK.
Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.